5.17.2010

Birthdays, zodiac signs, times of reflection, blessings and freebies!

FOR TODAY... may 17, 2010

outside my window... what is it with rainy mondays lately?
i am thankful for... having the opportunity to learn something new every day.
i am wearing... gray pants, white snoopy t-shirt & flip-flops.
noticing that... watching the birds at the bird-bath brings me joy.
i am reading... "island beneath the sea" by isabel allende
on my mind... the need to start feeling better soon.
               pondering these words... "become more and more innocent, less knowledgeable and more child-like. take life as fun- because that's precisely what it is!" -osho-
around the house... a new clothing steamer.
from the kitchen... toasted cinnamon bagels with cream cheese & vanilla coffee.
one of my favorite things... movies that make laugh so hard i cry.
i'm creating... one new layout.
a few plans for the rest of the week...  keep my doctors' appointments, lunch with friends on tuesday, plant geraniums and the usual weekly errands.
from my lens.. did i ever mentioned gustavo's hobby is racing? 


dh at homestead miami speedway!

visit "the simple woman's daybook" to join the "for today" journaling idea or to browse among other  amazing journals!!

✼ ✼ ✼ ✼ ✼ ✼ ✼ ✼ ✼ ✼     ✼ ✼ ✼ ✼ ✼ ✼ ✼ ✼ ✼ ✼


my 52nd birthday is this tuesday and i'm thinking i should be depressed... but i'm not. in fact it is a natural time to take a moment and reflect on my life. i see so many of my friends struggle terribly with all the changes in our lives like entering menopause, grown children leaving home, failed relationships, accepting our new not-so flat as before tummies, the wrinkles on our faces & those gray hairs that tell the stories of our lives..... 
... as i sit here today and reflect on my life at 52 i am one grateful person.  i feel loved, empowered, lucky, sexy, and happy. life is sweet and wonderful. i am truly thankful for all the magnificent gifts that are given to me daily!
so... here's to me... and all fantastic women over 50!! 


that said.... don't go thinking i like celebrating birthdays, specially mine. i shy away from birthday cakes, birthday songs, birthday parties and all that birthday fuzz. (ok...maybe not birthday cakes! lol) I like quiet & private celebrations. tuesday i'll be happy going out for dinner with my husband and my son or even staying home and watching a tv show together.


i feel blessed and love sharing with others. in order to celebrate i have a couple of new freebies this week.


freebie #1 is a zodiac word art:


i guess, i most always fit the typical "earth sign" description for taurus that you find in books and it still surprises me every time!  and no, i'm not the type to consult astrologers or base my life in horoscopes but i do believe in the influence of the heavenly bodies above and i've never been worry about what everybody else thinks. i'm alway proud of my open-mindedness and have always been curious about the role astrology has played throughout the ages.
 ... and besides i think is only fun too!
a couple of weeks ago i started working on some taurus word art to celebrate this month's birthdays since i know (through your e-mails) that more than a few followers are taureans also! check it out:


taurus girl - 5 different word art

but once i started playing with it, i got carried away and created the same 5  for every sign! it doesn't matter if you believe in astrology or if you just dismiss it as nothing more than superstition.... just have fun with the word art and create something beautiful! have fun!




freebie #2 - home word art


these i created about 4 days ago while trying to keep myself motivated and away from thoughts on doctors and blood work results... the next day i found out i have anemia - my iron levels are terribly low!  let's just say i feel better now just knowing the results and knowing there's a plan of action to take. nothing that a couple of iron iv's can not cure... i hope! i 've been feeling really low lately and i can't wait to start feeling like my cheerful self again.
anyway.... i thought the word art came out pretty good and better yet, it did kept me busy and happy! hope you like it!





and the one layout i managed to create yesterday with the new home word art and a mask from "captured moments" kit:



want to see just a few of the fantastic layouts using my freebies?


check out the following layouts created by some really talented and creative girls. i loved seeing them in the galleries and i though it would be a good idea to share them here! hope you don't mind and thanks for leaving the links so i can see your creations. (for full credits click on the links)


by julie
bysue

by helen

by zoe

by lorraine

by linda
by maria
by laurie
by barbara


inspired now? aren't they just wonderful? 
thanks for sharing them with me ladies!
  hope you have a terrific week!!


26 comments:

  1. Wow Nini, this is so generous to give aways these huge freebies and I am really your fan. Love your creations.
    Thank you so much and you are right not to struggle with your age. A good red wine gets also better the more it gets older. *lol*
    Hugs and have a nice birthday
    Corinna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw your Twitter reply to my Monday moan, so coming here & seeing your wonderful creations this week kinda threw me a bit! It's so cool to see all the fabulous LO's created by friends using your yummy goodies ... I bet you're chuffed to bits, right?

    Thanks for these latest WA's, you've got me thinking about my b'day next month. I've never been one for astrology but I know plenty of people who swear by it!

    Bummer about the anaemia though ... a friend of mine was diagnosed with anaemia & had to take iron tablets 6 or 7 times a day for a couple of months ... she said they tasted awful, so I feel for you if this is the route you end up taking (((hugs))).

    Anyhoo, I've rambled enough ... hope you have a wonderful birthday tomorrow & remember, you're only as old as you feel ... 21 again, yeh?!?!?!?
    Hugs,
    Sue
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks nini..for all the wonderful freebies !! love your work !

    ReplyDelete
  4. These Home wordart are just wonderful ! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [17 May 02:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous! Thanks again! And happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your Home WA. Thanks for sharing !!
    I hope you feel better real soon :hugs: .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for these wonderful word art downloads. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very inventive as always! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thankyou so much for another freebie! I Love the HOME wordarts!
    You share the same birthday with my daughter Anna - she just turned 15 today - Happy Birthday to you!!

    Thankyou for using one of my layouts here. Im so happy you like it!! I have more layouts I have done with your beautiful products just have not shared then on-line as they are layouts being put into a book called 2010, which will be for my son's girlfriend. Using her Senior photo's. I hate for her to know {or see} what is being created for her.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you! I picked up the HOME wordarts for my...home journal :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday!! Shame about the anaemia - that's miserable, I know. Remember to take the iron with vitamin C like orange juice and never with milk products (reduces the absorbtion). Thank you for the lovely HOME word freebies - I'm moving next week! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your templates and wanted to share my take on your #12: http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/gallery/member/356282-celie2/1626434-p52-week-13/?c=t. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMGosh! Our boys would get along SO well! My Den used to race and we watch cars on TV! Love love love your birthday reflections. I just ADORE your zodiac stuff ... I am such an Aries! Off to download and play later this week. Your take care of YOU okay birthday girl ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nini!! Really cool word art and beautiful layouts!
    Congrats on the recognition of your negative space layout!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just did a page for a layout w/o picture challenge: http://bencoupdonc.blogspot.com/2010/05/sts-may-1-une-page-pour-les-gemeaux.html

    Thanks! That the inspiration I needed to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. happy birthday nini...i love the taurus WA and lorraine's l.o is amazing...i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely wordart pack ! Thanks so much !

    ReplyDelete
  19. Now I am loving your hubby's hobby!!! I think that is awesome!!! and I hope you had a fabulous birthday!!! Once again, you have created some fabulous things here!! I thank you so much!!

    ((Hugs)) Linda

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just wanted to say, thanks for the freebies! I love your word art style. I used one for a page I just made and it fits perfectly. http://scrapmatters.com/gallery3/showphoto.php/photo/114075/cat/1558

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for your amazing freebies!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just want to say thank you very much for your freebies! This entry is dated on my own birthday, and your Zodiac wordart had me rolling!!! I can't wait to play with them on a layout :)

    Your style is very chic and distinct :)

    ReplyDelete