4.19.2010

Be me - Do me!


FOR TODAY... april 19, 2010
outside my window... another gloomy and rainy monday!
i am thankful... that i can afford most of what i want and not only what i need.
I am wearing... true religion jeans, white & blue striped button-down blouse & my white jelly sandals.
noticing that... i've taken very few photos lately.
i am still reading... "the swan thieves" by elizabeth kostova.
on my mind... almost time to start planning our summer trip...
pondering these words... "later never existed" -unknown-
from the kitchen... breakfast for 5.
around the house... 2 occupied guest rooms - my mom and my cousin are staying here for a week.
one of my favorite things... going to a bookstore and spending hours there.
i'm creating... some more grungy masks.
a few plans for the rest of the week... spend time with my cousin renato, get a manicure, let my son drive me everywhere i need to go, laundry, grocery shopping & hopefully go to the movies with judith.
from my iphone...  my 15 year old is driving!


go ahead & visit "the simple woman's daybook" site to join the "for today" journaling idea or to browse among other  amazing journals!!

☮ ☮ ☮ ☮ ☮ ☮ ☮ ☮ ☮ ☮ ☮ ☮ ☮ ☮ ☮ ☮ ☮ ☮

pausing to consider...

i have been slowly creating products and also trying to find my digi-scrapping designer niche but it has proven not to be an easy task. i know exactly what i like, what kind of layouts i love to make and what elements i like to use most; but despite these facts, it's been easy to get confused and overwhelm by the amount of fantastic creations out there to start doubting myself.  i've tried stepping out of "my box" only to find myself frustrated and in a "it just isn't me" or "something is not right" circumstance. :(

after a couple of wonderful offers, this past week i made a pause to wholeheartedly consider the idea of becoming a designer ( ... the kind running a shop and all), the reasons why creating makes me happy and the  direction i want to take regarding my art. i reminded myself that i have to stop being distracted, stay true to myself, make what i like, keep exploring, trust myself, learn a lot more, have fun & use only my own personal creative universe as my source of inspiration.
i guess, i've concluded that right now, at this particular moment in time, i am comfortable & very happy creating stuff only as means of self-expression, not worrying if it would sell or not. giving them away as freebies simply pleases me & gives me joy.

that said, i'm a lot happier and proud of my last creation - this week's freebie:  "pretentious splatters"
 i originally created 2 of them for my personal use (see my two layouts below) but i had so much fun making them that i decided to make some more. they are probably not "everyone's cup of tea" but they are absolutely & most definitely very "me". :) hope you enjoy them!


one layout using the black & aqua splatter:

one with the brown splatter {not shown in the preview}. word art by sue cummings.

i love these 2 photos of gustavo - so rare to capture him in photographs smiling and laughing! 

... and a little peek at some photo masks i'm working on.



a beautiful new kit by ninascraps designs at o'scraps & don't forget to follow nina on twitter for special offers and discounts!!


and 2 layouts with circle of life kit:


thanks so much for sharing your wonderful layouts with me. i believe i visited all the links you left for me in your comments and e-mails. it is always very gratifying and why not, also indulging, to see my products doing their part in enhancing your pages. 

thanks for stopping by! have a great, great week!



43 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your thought nini, it is so true, that designing could become " a rush away from you".
    It happen to me, and I had to think again on " what is next, and is this next good for me or not?"
    I ended thinking that what I love is sharing, time, designs, fun... and I am doing more collab now than ever... this is where I take my pleasure...and in seeing layout with what I like to do... I don't want to do "commercial" things anymore, I just want to do what I like....

    your splatters are FAB definitively fab. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these splatters!! They are just that extra punch that really helps a layout! Thanks so much!! I'll send you a link when I use them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I already saw you layouts in the Oscraps gallery and was thoroughly impressed by them and seriously looking forward to your freebie after the previews. I have to tell you that I find your designs beautiful and I use your give-aways time and again. It's one of the folders I go to very frequently (see here: http://blog.ecroonen.com/?p=125)! I am sure you would have good sales as a designer, but I understand your choice to have this amazing hobby, with all the pleasure it brings!
    Thank you for this new freebie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The splatters are totally amazing!! Thank you so much for sharing them, deffenitely going to use them!!!! Have a wonderful week!
    Hugs Natascha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful splatters, Nini and thanks for sharing.

    I'm a 'be true to you' fan - and you have decided what is best for you and what 'you' enjoy. Bravo!

    I love your designs and seeing your layouts in the gallery
    You are truly an inspiration -

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully said Nini!! and very beautiful designs!! So many go out and just throw things together to make a dollar, and here you don't worry over that and so generously give your beautiful designs to us to create with. From the bottom of my heart, thank you!! I want to share my last page with you, using your kit. http://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=157544&cat=500&ppuser=21372

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks these splatters are great

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks a lot to have made that choice, for you first for sure, but for us too, because to have the access to so beautiful design is really a beautiful present for us. Thanks again !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow nini !! these are awesome... thanks for sharing them. we all really appreciate it !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving those splatters! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are beautiful; thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't believe G is driving! Eeeekk! I can't imagine Hugh! The fact that you shared your thought process in your decision making regarding your designing illustrates (yet again!) the amazing creative, caring and giving nature you have. We are blest to know you my friend. ps. those splatters are TDF!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the lovely freebies. If you do reconsider selling, sell what you love to make. Don't try to fit in or go with the trends, it just won't work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love them !! Thank you !

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's takes a brave, self-assured person to NOT get their head turned by all the flattering comments & offers to become a "designer"! You are that person Nini. I love that you're staying "true" to yourself & your strengths, designing because you WANT to, not because you HAVE to! Through your unique style and unlimited generosity, so many people are able to share in your creativity (me included) and for that, I (and I'm sure others) am eternally grateful. Words are not my forte, just know that you are appreciated! Hugs, sue.falstaff

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love those paint splatters. Thank you so much for sharing. You are very generous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you Nini.
    I totally understand what you means.
    Creativity is a great gift
    and one has to be carefull with it
    to do not interrupt or spoil that.
    I really love your designs and glad you share them.
    With love, ViVre

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the splatters, thank you! Hopefully you are one step closer to finding your niche.

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh I love the splattes. You're so generous and a really great designer!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks so much for these great splatter templates, Nini! I for one am so enjoying your designer side! But I can also apreciate your thoughts on creative freedom and time to develop!
    For now, thanks for generously sharing your thoughts and designs!

    Monique (monsu)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Nini!!! I love these splatters!!!
    I could definitely see using them a lot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. used the splatters and they added just the right touch, thanks
    http://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=158049&cat=500&ppuser=17780

    ReplyDelete
  23. hese are perfect - I saw one on a LO at Oscraps and came flying here - now the site wont let me download - maybe tomorrow. Nini - stick with what you love - or it won't work! and what you do is great

    ReplyDelete
  24. thank you so much for sharing these and your heartfelt thoughts on creating and remaining true to self!

    ReplyDelete
  25. just had to create-http://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=158244&cat=500&ppuser=8164

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you Nini for sharing your thoughts and for staying true to yourself... It's not been a long since I know you, but I can easily recognize the person you are... And I respect you so much for that! I'm happy to be your friend!!! :) I know you'll keep doing what you think is best to you... and I'll keep being one of your biggest fans!!! :)
    These splatters are WOW!!! I love them!!! You probably noticed that I use this kind of elements a lot and I'm thrilled to find yours! Thank you!!!
    Felicitaciones por todo esto Nini! Eres genial!!! Y felicitaciones por tu nuevo y guapo chofer!!! LOL! Un beso!!!
    Soco

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awesome designs :)
    You are really talented, should give a try at designing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I used your fab splatters on this Layout Thanks nini
    http://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=158477&cat=500&ppuser=17353

    ReplyDelete
  29. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  30. These splatters are just amazing! Thanks for sharing!!
    Your LO's are awesome too. I love how the simple use of that element gives such a plain result :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. These splatters are fabulous. Thanks so much for sharing them.

    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  32. thanx for sharing...all your products are incredibles! and i wanted to tell you that i've read your profile, and it just funny...i'm a "ninie" and "taurus" one also...see you!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thank you for these beautiful spatters.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hey Nini ... just popping back to share a LO with you using your Pretentious Splatters ... you can view it here. Hugs, sue.falstaff

    ReplyDelete
  35. Nini! I got to play with these today! Just love them!

    http://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=159518&cat=500&ppuser=21985

    ReplyDelete
  36. Made another one :-) These are perfect Nini!

    http://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=159525&cat=500&ppuser=21985

    ReplyDelete
  37. Soooo fantastic!!! Thanks a lot ...

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thank you so much for sharing your amazing talent! These splatters are awesome and I couldn't resist using them in a LO:

    http://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=159958&cat=500&ppuser=18014

    ReplyDelete
  39. hi - eventually the internet co-operated and let me download these - they are magic - thanks

    http://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=160115&cat=500&ppuser=16696

    ReplyDelete
  40. thnx a bunch for the splatters---i love everything you create--you can view my LO here:

    http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/211385/view/2741073/-1/1.html

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hello, amazing workk!!
    I love your work !!

    http://pubcleanscrap.blogspot.com/2010/05/jadore-suddenly-artistic-nini.html

    here is my layout with the splatters ...

    have a nice day

    ReplyDelete