2.08.2010

For today... layouts & a freebie


FOR TODAY... 


outside my window... fabulous crisp sunny day - not yet 70° !
i am thinking... need to get a valentine's day present for my hubby.
i am thankful for... quiet time alone.
I am wearing... comfy pants & white t-shirt aka my pj's
i am remembering... a couple of errands to run today.
I am going... to have a hair cut this week.
i am currently reading... same book but hoping to finish it this week!
i am hoping... i can finish some small remodeling projects around the house before summer gets here.
on my mind... a new mac computer.... maybe?
noticing that... i might just have a tiny addiction to coffee!
pondering these words..."become more and more innocent, less knowledgeable and more childlike. take life as fun - because that's precisely what it is!" -osho-
from the kitchen... the lingering smell of coffee..mmm
around the house... my toaster oven died during the weekend...got to get a new one!
one of my favorite things... going through old pictures.
one picture to share...

old delights

don't you just love old polaroid cameras & photos? i have so many good memories of snapping some photos and waiting for what it seemed a long time for the image to appear inside that white border... sigh.  in a way it is just like digital photography with the instant gratification of seeing your shots right away. living in the moment kind of stuff.
seems that "the impossible project" launched in an effort to save polaroid instant cameras and film is achieving it's purpose & will be launching their own brand b&W film this year. i'm hoping they make some color film too since it is almost impossible to get it now and if found on ebay, the prices of film and shipping charges are exorbitant.

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

on another note... a few months ago, my doctor told me i needed to wear my glasses full time and not only for reading anymore. i have no idea why was i surprised in the first place -  i should have guessed it was just one more unwanted age-related change. you know.... the ones that start making their appearance as soon as you reach 50... oh well, let's just say i was not thrilled at the idea but had to make the best of the situation & decided that i might as well make them a statement of my personality so i proceeded to order my bifocal progressive & transition glasses (fantastic how that works) and conceded i did need them!  i got my new glasses,have been wearing them for a while now and i'm really very happy with them! i think i truly like the new me in glasses! who new? i've even made a page about it. here it is:

love the new glasses

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

2 new layouts:

forever

inspiration

and a free template that i hope you like:



i have lots of things to do  this week - my toaster oven went kaput this weekend so i'm in need of a new one, the plumber is finally going to be here tomorrow to fix my kitchen faucet which has been leaking.... pets have to go to the vet  and i still have to tackle my studio and office to do some de-cluttering too. i'm hoping to find some time during the weekend to work on some more layouts & freebies since my boys (husband & son) will go in an "all-boys" ski weekend get-away to utah. 
hope all of you have a great an productive week. see you soon!











12 comments:

  1. Thank you for the template. it looks fabulous!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great template! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layouts, and great template! Thank you so much for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Nini, love the template and love the camera, I have one just like it! They are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is it with ovens this weekend??? The inner glass on my oven fell out this weekend too ... eeeeeek! Glad you're OK with the whole "wearing glasses" thing ... for what it's worth, I think you look beautiful wearing them ... they give you even more character (if that's possible).

    Thanks for the template ... I'm toying with the idea of designing stuff, but not really sure where to start (templates, papers, element ... there's just so many places to start). Your freebies are always amazing, just like your LO's.

    Have a great week my friend! Hugs, sue.falstaff

    ReplyDelete
  6. First time visit but it won't be my last. Thank you for sharing your talent and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Nini that is gorgeous!!! Thanks so much for sharing your fabulous template with everyone :) I am loving your format - on capturing your day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you SO much for the template Nini! I already used it, and it's loaded into my gallery, but the comment section won't let me paste a link.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous work Nini and love the new glasses!!!
    love the template!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. free weekend and no computer! Now that would have been a bugger! What did you get up to? LOVE the glasses .... they suit you! Have a great week Nini!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This template is great, thank you very much. Your layouts are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete